Way to tell if body is squire (sp) or fender?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Milk_Steak, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Milk_Steak

Milk_Steak

Oct 23, 2011
    so im looking at buying a mim fender jazz V bass from the local gc, its got a few mods and i think it might possibly be a new fender neck on a squire body, is there a way i can confirm or deny whether or not its a fender body?

2. Check the angle of the VEE where the control panel meets the PG. A sharp - or more acute point as opposed to a rounded point indicates it's prolly a Squier.

100_7385.jpg

FENDER:::

100_7737.jpg

SQUIER:::

100_7542.png

There's also the screws - but you've gotta be pretty discriminating to see that.

I also think that Squiers mostly have the truss adjustment in the head and Fenders are mostly in the body at the heel of the neck where there is a notch in the PG to accommodate the wrench. This should NOT be the only decider though.

Then there's the size of the pot bodies. Larger pot bodies are usually Fender; smaller is usually Squier.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021