Wayco strap

Discussion in 'Accessories [BG]' started by ejt, Jul 22, 2018.

1. ejt

ejt

Feb 29, 2012
    Hey all. Does anyone know of a source where I could get a strap by Wayco of Rockford, Illinois? I have one that my wife bought me in the 90's and it's the most comfortable strap and well made strap ever. They have probably gone out of business now that I want to get another. The type I'm looking for is woven nylon with a pad, not the all leather type. Sometimes this is just the kind of shot in the dark that works. Thanks much.

2. ejt

ejt

Feb 29, 2012
    bump

3. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Central Illinois, USA
    I don't think Wayco actually manufactured them. Wayco was an independent jobber, repping different manufacturers' products to stores. My store got GHS, DiMarzio, JB Player, Rocktron, and other stuff from our Waco rep, Gordy. The straps as I recall were essentially the same as products from Earth III, Ace, Midco, etc.

A photo of your strap would help.

4. ejt

ejt

Feb 29, 2012
    Sorry it took so long. Here's a photo of the strap. It's silver gray woven nylon with a black padded shoulder section. On each end is a black leather section with "Wayco Rockford Illinois" stamped. I added the black hook and loop square for my wireless transmitter, and the flag is my addition as well because America F Yeah. I've seen pictures of Waycos where the nylon is black or red instead of silver gray. So this is what I'm looking for. It's just a nicer strap than the ones I see in music stores these days.

5. ejt

ejt

Feb 29, 2012
    IMG_2737.jpg

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 4, 2021