1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Wayne Hancock-Study in Band Disaster Management

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by unbasslichkeit, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Apparently two members of Wayne Hancock's band got into a serious fight in KC while on tour. The results were not pretty. (There's a link to a pretty graphic photo of one of the guy's injuries, so be warned.)

I once had a day job where as a manager I once had to deal with two guys in my shop who didn't get along; thank God it only came to words and raised voices, and not blows.

All I can say is: If you are a bandleader, may you never, ever have this happen on your tour.

http://www.austin360.com/search/con...009/04/23/bandmember_brawl_puts_a_damper.html

2. BillyRay

BillyRay Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2008
    Quebec
    Holy, that guy's face looks like a pumpkin.

3. Holy crap!! That's worse than anything I've seen of bandmates fighting!

I hope the guy recovers alright and doesn't go broke from the hospital bills.

4. Yup, now that is a world class @*S whuppin. I hope this does not derail the tour.

5. BWB

BWB

Aug 30, 2000
    Knoxville TN
    There was plenty of news on the Internet about the canceling of a bunch of Yonder Mountain String Band tour dates that were attributed to sick band members mother ...

... and then it came out that a fistfight had occurred between two band members backstage at the last gig they played in Atlanta before the break was announced ...

:meh: