1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Wayne Jones Audio demo!

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by DirtPoorRobins, Feb 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. DirtPoorRobins

DirtPoorRobins

Apr 18, 2005
    VA
    I've played quite a bit of amps amps and cabs over the years, and the new flat response cabs have been great for upright, audiokinesis and Michael arnopol. I'd like to add a new name to the mix for me, Wayne Jones!

Similar to the MAS stuff, this powered cab and preamp are killer for upright. The low end is so tight and clear that I'm able to boost the lows and get a great supportive and clear tone.

Check out this quick and dirty video I did, it' almost indistinguishable to hear the difference in amplified tone compared to acoustic, and I had the amp going pretty loud!

2. Blissful_Lad

Blissful_Lad Banned

Feb 22, 2018
    LA/NYC
    Nice review!

Get yourself a mic and blend!

HOT TIP: If you are ONLY using a pickup (i.e., piezo). Get the Radial PZ-DI. Plug the pick up into the PZ-DI, set to 10 Meg, plug the PZ-DI into the 2nd Channel of the WJBPII, Phantom Power on. You now have an HPF, Polarity Reverse, tubes, extensive EQ. It doen't get any better than this.

DirtPoorRobins likes this.
  3. Wow - and nice playing too.

DirtPoorRobins likes this.
  4. DirtPoorRobins

DirtPoorRobins

Apr 18, 2005
    VA
    During rehearsal today conductor of our concert band was sitting in to listen and he came over to me after one of the songs and said man that cab and head sound amazing together your tone is just beautiful. I've worked for this conductor for eight years and he has never commented on my tone until today with the Wayne Jones audio setup. I find myself able to turn the amp down much quieter than any other amp I've had and be heard more clear and more natural sounding than any other amp I've ever played.