1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wayne Jones cabs with road cases

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by ganttbos, Jan 23, 2013.

1. ganttbos

ganttbos The Professor Gold Supporting Member

Dec 18, 2001
    New Orleans area
    As most of you know these are 210 cabs designed and built by Australian bassist Wayne Jones. They never really "caught on" because they're power-hungry, heavy and super expensive, plus they require overseas shipping. This translates to 800 watts each at 8 ohms, 75 lbs, and in the neighborhood of 1500 lbs British Sterling each. Here's a link to a British dealer:

http://www.smart-distribution.co.uk/amplification/waynejones/waynejonesspeakers.html

I used the cabs for several years when I had roadies. I had anvil style road cases on casters custom made. The cabs were always stored and transported in the cases. I also have the cordura soft cases (not pictured). They're presently stored in a climate-controlled facility.

They're mack trucks and they sound great. Google and read. More pics with better resolution on request.

Pay attention! I'll let the cabs, road cases and soft cases go for $1200 total - a steal! I'm in the New Orleans area. Shipping would ba a mutha and would be on your tab so a local pickup would be best.

Attached Files:

• WJ2.jpg
      WJ2.jpg
      File size:
      36.4 KB
      Views:
    • WJ5.jpg
      WJ5.jpg
      File size:
      23.9 KB
      Views:
  2. ganttbos

Dec 18, 2001
    New Orleans area
    Aw c'mon man! I'm too old and skinny to even push these things up the trailer ramp any more.:D

Excellent condition and they're great cabs if you're willing to feed them the watts and you have roadies or you're on steroids. And imagine the bragging rights when you tell your buddies that your cabs sell for $2400.00 each (and then you need to ship them from the U.K.). I'll split the driving distance (within reason) for a buyer in the Gulf Coast area.

They make an excellent rig when stacked vertically like two big computer towers giving you four tens in line with the top one up near your ears.

3. jerzydoeboi

jerzydoeboi Guest

Sep 15, 2010
    Dallas,Texas
    Out of Curiosity, do you still have these two Wayne Jones cabs?

4. ganttbos

Dec 18, 2001
    New Orleans area
    Still got 'em!

5. jerzydoeboi

jerzydoeboi Guest

Sep 15, 2010
    Dallas,Texas
    I'm in Dallas and know Louisiana isn't majorly far! But my main concern how to utilize a rig consisting of 800w 8ohms per cab/ 1600w 4 ohms? Well i do play at a church that is making a New Ballroom for music inside the kids but don't know how big! But still INTERESTED!!!

6. jerzydoeboi

jerzydoeboi Guest

Sep 15, 2010
    Dallas,Texas
    I'm going to try and arrange a tour during construction so i have a real feel of the size, then i'll go from there!! Thinking a pre/power setup for loads of headroom, plus Wayne came out with a preamp!!! I'm SO STOKED!!

7. ganttbos

Dec 18, 2001
    New Orleans area
    It would be a good house rig in a big church. Ideal if they didn't have to be moved a lot. They sound fine without getting an honest 800w each but they do eat it up if you're playing loud rock. Not many power amps can do 800 per channel into 8 ohms but you're right - I used to bridge a PLX 2400 and run them parallel to get 1200w per cab. They're not going anywhere soon so take your time thinking about it.

8. jerzydoeboi

jerzydoeboi Guest

Sep 15, 2010
    Dallas,Texas
    Yes Sir! Thank you! It's like buying Gold!

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021