Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wayne Jones Vs. Best of the Rest

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JPJ, Aug 11, 2001.

1. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    I recently noticed that Bass NW is now carrying the new Wayne Jones 2X10 cabs that received a nice review in Bass Player a few months ago. Since these are manufactured in Australia and I live in Chicago, I have not had the opportunity to hear or try one out. I was wondering if anyone has purchased one of these cabs yet, or if anyone in the Pacific Northwest who has been around a while and played a lot of different cabinets has had the opportunity to try one of these out? I'm currently looking to put together a rig that will be very portable, yet as hifi as possible. I would be interested to see how these cabs sound compared to an objective standard of "perfection" and how they compare to the other high-end manufacturers.

2. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    *bump*

3. Ken Nahora

Ken Nahora

Jun 1, 2001
    I've heard them, and I'm a believer.
    IMHO, Wayne Jones cabs set a new standard for richness and smoothness. In direct A/B tests, nothing could compare to the Wayne's sophisticated pro tone.
    Think aural creme brule`or instant Marcus. They need lots of power, since they're not as loud as other cabs. Everyone that's heard these cabs has been very impressed.