Wayne Jones Vs. Best of the Rest

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JPJ, Aug 11, 2001.

1. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    I recently noticed that Bass NW is now carrying the new Wayne Jones 2X10 cabs that received a nice review in Bass Player a few months ago. Since these are manufactured in Australia and I live in Chicago, I have not had the opportunity to hear or try one out. I was wondering if anyone has purchased one of these cabs yet, or if anyone in the Pacific Northwest who has been around a while and played a lot of different cabinets has had the opportunity to try one of these out? I'm currently looking to put together a rig that will be very portable, yet as hifi as possible. I would be interested to see how these cabs sound compared to an objective standard of "perfection" and how they compare to the other high-end manufacturers.

2. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    *bump*

3. Ken Nahora

Ken Nahora

Jun 1, 2001
    I've heard them, and I'm a believer.
    IMHO, Wayne Jones cabs set a new standard for richness and smoothness. In direct A/B tests, nothing could compare to the Wayne's sophisticated pro tone.
    Think aural creme brule`or instant Marcus. They need lots of power, since they're not as loud as other cabs. Everyone that's heard these cabs has been very impressed.