1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wayne Matthews with Leah McFall

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Waster, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Waster

Waster

Nov 24, 2011
    Belfast
    Just wanted to share this wee gem from one of my favourite jazz singers. She has a series of these videos with this bass player. I think he's fantastic, but I'm interested to hear other opinions.

Connor

2. donsimon

donsimon

Apr 15, 2013
    Yes, the bass player is fantastic.
    This site has a good compilation of her recordings, worth checking out - amazing drummer and keys too. Oh and the beatbox guy too...
    Leah's voice though, as you say, is sweet. Really cool Jazz Fusion. Check out the blues track which is her own composition.
    http://www.leah-mcfall.co.uk

3. kiat

kiat

Aug 31, 2010
    Mons, Belgium
    Just been watching her on YouTube and noticed this unusual bass playing from Wayne Matthews. Very understated and cool. Really unusual sound, I've not heard anyone playing like this before. They go really well together. Also made me wonder what his non-acoustic style is, who else he plays with, etc.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021