Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

We are all related to man who lived in Asia in 1,415BC

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Marlat, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Full story: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...0.xml&sSheet=/portal/2004/09/30/ixportal.html

Pretty interesting stuff!

2. There are a few folks down south that should appreciate that!!:D

No offense to anyone here, I know that you are all nice people who don't fancy their sisters or cousins. Though we all have that hot cousin that you only see at family gatherings, don't we? Stupid genetics!!:mad:;)

Rock on
    Eric:ninja:

3. who did he reproduce with???

4. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    One of the Greatest Ladies Men of the past 3000 years.

5. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Is it cool if I borrow some of yous guys' basses? I mean, you know I'll get 'em back to you sometime, I just wanna try them out. Cool?

6. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    This sort of finding must be a real bummer to like neo-nazi's :D

7. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    that is one of the strangest things i've heard in a while.

not that i think it's impossible. it is just...weird.

8. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    There's also studies that show that we are all related to Jesus. Pretty cool, methinks.

9. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Well according to this study, Jesus is related to our Asian dude! :D

I'm assuming it must be on his mothers side ;)

10. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    It sounds possible.

To clear things up for some (I think some didnt understand one crucial bit of it) that the people now living are the descendants of a small tribe of people. There were more people living then, but they all died and they dont have any more descendants.
    it might've been caused by some illness, to which these people were immune, while the others werent and died.
    Its like the plague was - only some people, who had a different chromosome could survive it, and all those came from one faulty chromosome - from one human.
    Its what evolution is about - the more immune, the more resistant and the more adaptable survive

11. And now, for something completely different:

Yeah, how much did it suck to be Joseph? I mean, being the messiah's step-dad. You can't discipline him, cause all you're going to hear is, "You're not my real dad!!" He'd borrow the keys to the camel and bring it back with a low hump, he'd wear your turban and not clean it before putting it back, and he'd constantly ask embarassing questions about you and Mary, "C'mon, when are you guys gonna get married? This is embarassing."

:D:D:D:D

Rock on
    Eric:ninja:

12. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Aye.

13. maybe his name was 'adam'.
    :)

14. Still doesn't explain why men have nipples.....

15. Frank Martin

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    However, it is possible that only the descendants of one man had the necessary genes and resistances to survive, while all others have died.

16. Frank Martin

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Yes, thats true. You have to take everything with a couple of grains of salt.
    I'm only saying that this might have happened, and if this happened, there's a logical explanation how this could've happened

17. Frank Martin

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Or 'Noah' - everyone else died in the Flood, so its gets down to one ancestor again ;)

18. WHAT THE HELL?! That means every other human must have been wiped out 3500 years ago, and you can't jsut be descended(sp?) from one person, it takes 2 people to make a kid. What the hell are those silly scientists on about? This makes no sense whatsoever.

19. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Noah brought a few woman with him, but no men.