1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

we are auditioning singers

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by mgash, Mar 11, 2009.

1. mgash

mgash

Mar 8, 2006
    folsom ca
    Let the funny stories begin!!!!!!!

2. Roadman

Roadman

Mar 26, 2008
    Hire the one with the biggest b00bs!

It worked for HEART & MEATLOAF.

3. bambambass

bambambass

Aug 4, 2008
    nz
    A few weeks ago the band, that I have since left, was auditioning this guy that said he was a studio singer and had done recording for some adverts (for overseas of course). He had two weeks to learn four songs, I would have been happy with him learning one. He arrived an hour late and when we started to play, a song that he chose, he sat in the corner intently reading the lyrics. We finished our "instrumental" he said "great I've got it, play another song". We thought this was strange but did it anyway.

Finished that song then said maybe he could sing. He started talking about the vibe of the room and how he was feeling shut in. He then proceeded to exit the room saying "I'll listen from out side" considering that there was another band playing between us and the out side we thought that he had gone.

We eventually went out side, after not playing anything but giving each other very confused looks. He was still there and proceded to tell us that we needed to be more industrial sounding and described the sound as chugga chugga. After talking a bit more he promised to come back next week having learnt the songs and to bring his key board with him and then left never to bee seen again.

Strange enough? :rolleyes:

4. mgash

mgash

Mar 8, 2006
    folsom ca
    Sorry, no good stories, the two singers were normal and nice guys. either one will fit into the band well. I guess I'll have to keep looking!!!!!