Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

We are track of the day on Garageband

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by mcbassdude, Jan 8, 2004.

1. Hey kids,
    A project I work on (John McCloy) has two tracks of the day at Garageband.com
    Wooo Hoooo!!!
    "Street Dance in Cairo" will be featured on 1/24/04 as Track of the day. We have all 5 star reviews (how'd that happen?)
    Give it a listen and tell me what you think.
    Street Dance in Cairo link

Another track "Why don't we" is the featured tune for today 1/8/04

Cool site for those of you not familiar with it. All reviews are done by other Artists. Site was started by Jerry HArrison of Talking Heads.
    Peace

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    very cool mix, it sounds excellent - great vocals. congrats on the 5 stars, too, that's quite an achievement - the best our stuff has there is a 4.1. have you had a good turn around sales-wise from this?

garageband is pretty cool - we've been there for a while, got a lot of cd's moved through it too.

3. Thanks for the props JT!
    I look forward to seeing you at the NAMM and shake your hand.

Unfortunatly we don't really have anything for sale. We used to, but we sold or gave away that run.

I love the site and it's chaired by Jerry Harrison and Sir George Martin, not bad company. I've had stuff on it from the inception. I actually had a song go to number 3 with "House of Special Purpose" close but no cigar.

Two days ago we had three tunes with 5 stars but the second round knocked two of them down to 4+.
    Even 4 stars is pretty damn cool when you consider it's other players who review your stuff and we all know how cynical we can be when we hear others work (folds arms on chest, rest's weight on back foot and scowls):meh: :D

4. I would love any more input, critic's or abuse:D

5. Yes it's an mp3 format.

6. I tried to down load the file and here's the message I got~!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The band has disabled MP3 downloads of this song.

What's going on?? I will listen to your music if you help with the file!

[​IMG]
    Treena

7. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    I couldn't get it to work either, but it's cool that you're so highly recognized on the site.

8. I think it's set up right now to only stream. So if you click on the track it will load and play automatically. I'll look into setting it up for downloading.
    Thanks for trying though.
    The song is also available at this site to download.

Street Dance in Cairo

9. I was able to listen at the alternate site, thanks you mcbassdude!

I really enjoyed the song titled "It Comes and It Goes" reminds me a lot of Jeff Lynn, (ELO sound) makes me want to purchase the entire album.:D

[​IMG]
    Treena

10. Thank you, That really means alot coming from someone with your cred. and talent.
    Peace