we are underrated

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by larsenboy, Aug 5, 2009.

1. larsenboy

larsenboy

Apr 7, 2009
    rio rancho nm
    you know what makes me mad? :mad: we (bass players) are so under pariciated. i just go kicked from my band cause they decided they wanted a female bassist... i hope they realize we have a hard job just as hard as the drummer and the guitarists... i had a good connection with this band. i bet they come back in a week cause they realize we had a great band going.... whatever its chill i guess :smug:

2. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    ouch...that's harsh

oh, and wrong forum too - probably post in Band Management...

3. Yup, wrong forum, but it sucks. Not to sound sexist, but sometimes a woman doesn't even need to play the bass to be better than you! Get used to it.

4. Jimmy Bones

Jimmy Bones

Feb 24, 2009
    Baxley, GA
    Obviously your connection with this band isn't what you thought it was.

5. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    True that. Was it all girls and you or did they already have a female bassist in mind?

6. Yeah, you'll have that.

7. reeeeeally?

8. RicoDirenzo

RicoDirenzo

Apr 3, 2009
    Chico, CA
    I have never felt "pariciated"......let us see? Hmmmmm......stuck next to the drummer and no one ever sees you................it's not a job for an egomaniac.....it's just nice to know that, without you, the rest of the band would totally suck! :eek::bassist:

9. Turock

Turock

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    Yeah man, find a band that will pariciate you.

10. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Sometimes you're the dog, sometimes the tree Gold Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Palm Coast, FL
    If they ask you back - would you REALLY do that to yourself? My answer would be "**ck you and your horse, too!" Apparently, they did not value you as much as you thought they did!

Dan K.

11. Wouldn't it be awesome to see them on TV one day......with a big ugly fat chick playing bass?

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 26, 2021