"We Can Learn From Everybody..."

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by mchildree, Nov 5, 2003.

1. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    Just had to pass this on. I had a VERY basic bluegrass slap bass instructional video on Ebay last week, and the sole bidder purchased it. When I got the email from the winning bidder, the name at the bottom floored me...I'm not going to name him due to privacy issues, but if you go to Allmusic.com and enter his name, the catalog of major label stuff he's played on will require you to "page down" several times to see it all. This guy is one of the major Nashville session heavy-hitters. I couldn't resist...had to ask him "why would you want this?". His reply is the very definition of a healthy professional attitude:

"...Hey Mike, yeah I'm guilty! Thanks for the kind words, though. One of the things I like about my job is that whatever you learned the day before, you start all over again the next day. Figured I'd check out what Marshall Wilburn has to suggest! That's the beauty of what we get to do, we can learn from everybody...Thanks again for your kind thoughts! Cheers! xxxxxxx"

Cool, huh? A free lesson from a master!
  2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    ** clapclapclapclapclap **

Great story m :)
  3. arnoldschnitzer

arnoldschnitzer AES Fine Instruments

Feb 16, 2002
    Brewster, NY, USA
    Much truth there, Mike...I've learned as much over the years from students and shop assistants as I have from Teachers and mentors. If your mind is open and your ego is under control, learning happens 24/7. Great post...
  4. Amen...