1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

We got 3rd place at the Regional Battle of the Bands in Dubai, UAE

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Sleeq, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Sleeq

Sleeq

Feb 13, 2008
    Lebanon/Kuwait
    Damn it... we made the final round but we got 3rd place... they said our music was too "funky" to be in a rock festival (the 5th Annual Dubai Desert Rock Festival; if we won we open both days. This year Korn, Velvet Revolver, Muse and others came)... and the guys who got second place got a sympathy vote for playing with only half of their band...

The rig supplied was an Ampeg SVT with an 8X10" cab. I was the only bassist who played a Fender... used my Yellow Submarine (blondie P).

On the bright side a producer talked to us about recording and releasing one of our songs in Europe... lets see how that goes!

by the way we got to meet Slash (and those Velvet Revolver guys hehe) backstage... what snobby rockstars...

n577290213_2467065_5645.

2. CrashClint

CrashClint I Play Bass therefore I Am

Nov 15, 2005
    Wake Forest, NC
    DR Strings Dealer (local only)
    Congratulations, 3rd place is still something to feel good about. I would like to hear the track they called "Too Funky". Good luck with the recording contract!

3. Sleeq

Sleeq

Feb 13, 2008
    Lebanon/Kuwait
    Thanks Crash!

We have 5 tracks on Myspace...

myspace.com/theloungingcriminals

4. Lazylion

Lazylion Goin ahead on wit my bad self!

Jan 25, 2006
    Frederick MD USA
    IME, those things are usually not about winning, but about who you shmooze with. I'd look at contact with a producer as a lot more important than your "ranking" in the contest. Good job! I hope y'all get a hit! :cool:

5. Kuchar

Kuchar

May 31, 2006
    Michigan
    i'd take a song release in Europe over 1st place at BOB anyday T_T

6. Sleeg - I just checked out your MySpace - good stuff.