Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

We had to put King, one of our dogs, down today

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by raycer, Feb 26, 2005.

1. raycer

raycer

Mar 22, 2004
    Orange County, NY
    :(
    He couldn't walk anymore, had lost most use of his left side and was dragging himself, and couldn't stand anymore. It came to the point that he wasn't really alive anymore, atleast not like he used to be.

He was my first dog, and gave us the best 13 years of our lives

He will always have a special place in my heart

2. I had to put down our 16 yr-old Chow/Lab a couple of years ago. She knew it was coming, & seemed to welcome it, in a way. Still, that's family. This may sound condescending, but I truly know how you feel. I'm sorry.

3. My family has had to let 2 dogs go in recent years. It's like losing a piece of yourself. It hurts that bad. They were with us for 14 and 13 years respectively. Sweetest dogs on the planet. I'm so sorry.

4. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    We had to put down a pet who had been in the family for 13 years last spring, so I can understand how you feel.

Best wishes to you.
    Travis

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    That sucks a whole lot. People often don't realize how much pets really become part of the family. You don't just lose "the dog," you lose a family member. :(

6. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    my brother had his cat put down the other day. she was 14 yrs.... the worst part about it was that he lives in Nashville but he was in the studio in LA...his cat sitter called him and told him that they were at the vet and then the vet told him they have to put her down. my brother was torn in half. i helped raise that cat for a few weeks when he got her from the shelter.

my mothers cat, 17 yrs., is going to have to be put down very soon. that cat walked into our house when i was in school. i can't believe i have known that cat that long. putting her down would be like putting down a little sister, but my wife and i are going to go and help my mother get through that.

raycer, you're not alone in you pain. i hope the best for you...

:(

7. raycer

raycer

Mar 22, 2004
    Orange County, NY
    Thanks everyone

8. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I am sorry for your loss.

9. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    That sucks. I know, I had to put my mom's cat down about 9 months after mom died. She was suffering. About a month later, my dog woke up dead on a Monday morning. Apparently he died during the night, in his sleep, right in front of the front door, his favorite place to sleep. I feel your pain, man... :bawl:

10. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    I'm sorry :(, things like that really get to you. IMO you shouldn't even have to say my dog is apart of the family, he just is.