We have a winner!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Freaky Fender, Jul 6, 2001.

1. I just bought "Sailing the Seas of cheese" and i love it! I'm not even half way through the album yet! But hearing Les makes me feel like i should take up a new insturment. Love him or hate him you have to agree. He changed the way to play bass. What are your favorite Primus albums while were're at it?
  2. cole

Sep 14, 2000
    oh, I dunno -- sure, Les plays some pretty impossible riffs, but I know if I had technical ability like that, I'd probably have no way of fitting it into a band situation.

I like Seas of Cheese and Pork Soda the best, though I've only heard four of their albums (Antipop and Tales being the other two).
  3. TheFrizzleFry

TheFrizzleFry Guest

Nov 21, 2000
    Stinktown, Pa, USA
    The Frizzle Fry and Pork Soda are my favorite Primus albums... probably.

Oh and if you want to get technical, on the sailing the seas of cheese album, Tom Waits says "I Remeber it as if it were a meal ago". Man, I loved that album, I got my CD's swiped. Primus alone I had, Frizzle Fry, Seas of Cheese, Pork Soda, Tales From the Punchbowl, and The Brown Album. Now I'm left with Rhinoplasty and Videoplasty (I know it's not a CD, but it's Primus).
  4. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    The FRIZZLE FRY album is all you need! :)

of course i had to buy them all to figure it out :D

all primus albums are great, but the frizzle fry is my favorite and has the best sound of all IMO
  5. purple_haze

Jun 29, 2001
    London Town
    Sailing The Seas of Cheese, in my ever so humble opinion. And a number of people think that Les' skills are best shown on track 9 of that album, "Tommy The Cat".
  6. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Yes, "Tommy the Cat" is my number one all time favorite Primus song. Two would be "Jerry the RaceCar Driver."
  7. 72beetle

Jun 10, 2001
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Frizzle Fry. Definitely.

Lots of great music comes out of Primus, I don't think they've had a bad album yet, but I think the overall feel and flow of Frizzle Fry makes it stand apart.

Frank Zappa once said (and I'm paraphrasing here, since my memory is shot) that all of his music was just part of one huge album - I think the same of Primus, each song seems to be part of a much larger musical statement... but since the question was on albums, it's all about Frizzle Fry!

p.s. the Sausage album was great, too!