Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

we jam econo

Discussion in 'Ask Mike Watt [Archived]' started by Jumbo Jr, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Jumbo Jr

Jumbo Jr

Jul 13, 2004
    I was at the premiere on Friday, and I thought it was fantastic.
    I have never seen so many people at the old Warner Grand. It was like everybody there knew Mike or George, it was pretty cool to see alot of the local notables in Pedro again, I saw the guys from Pennywise, Sharon Needles from Butt Trumpet/Betty Blowtorch and many others.
    The movie itself was more than just a documentary sometimes funny, sometimes sad, but you could tell the film makers trully love The Minutmen.

Most of all I saw it as a touching tribute to D BOON.
    As soon as it comes out on dvd I'm going to buy it.

Mike the film makers did a great job and so did you. I love the scenes of you driving around Pedro.

2. permagrin

permagrin

May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    I'm still disappointed I wasn't able to make the premiere. I was kicking around downtown on Saturday afternoon and ran into a few people who saw the movie, all felt it was phenomenal.

Is there anywhere I can buy one of those movie posters? And is the movie screening anywhere else anytime soon?

And btw I'm out of town (again!) but a couple buds are going to your Sacred Grounds gig tonight, have fun as always. Much respect, Jeff

3. watt

watt TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

4. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Hey Watt

I'm arranging to have "We Jam Econo" shown at my school. I've been sent a copy of it and it's fantastic! Maybe it's just gushing but I really really enjoyed it.

I've been in contact with Keith, the producer, whose also a great guy.

If anyone around Dutchess county New York wants to see it, get in contact with me. I'm showing it tomorrow but I'm trying to arrange for a second showing.