Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

We knew it was coming

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by kserg, Feb 9, 2006.

1. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Forget the 4 blade razor! now its new and improved 5 blade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not just 4... but 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I am so glad i dont shave!

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    My son and I were talking about that when we saw the commercial during the SB. That was A LOT of buildup for a lousy razor.

-Mike

3. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    [​IMG]

4. arbitrary

arbitrary Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Does anyone remember either the SNL or Mad TV skit with the 20 blade razor that came out when the Mach 3 did a few years back?
    IT COULD HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:help: :help: :help:

5. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Btw, I'm changing razors, I have a Mach 3 now, but the blades are way too expensive. Could anyone give me some advice for a quality razor that doesn't ask 20 $ for additional blades?

6. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    I guess thats the deal. Every year in the Superbowl commercials they just ad a blade.

7. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Hot damn! The thing I love the most is that the whole Gillette Fusion .com is a ripoff from Command&Conquer pc game graphics.

I'm kinda like expecting Kane to show up any minute, shoot the girl and "She was telling you infidel lies? Bad idea. But.. I know you're one of us.. for now. Now, get on with the mission!" :ninja:

8. Grow a beard! No seriously, its either the crappy thrhow-everything-away kind of things or rather expensive blades I'm afraid.... I go with the mach3's.

9. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Damn, and my beard is still too patchy to be neat. Damn.

10. BassChuck

BassChuck

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
    THANK YOU! I was begining to think I was the only one... or did I just make that up.

11. Isn't a good quality straight razor supposed to be the best shave you can get still? I've always wanted to use one, they seem classy, otherwise I'm happy with triple blades.

12. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I wish I could still get the Wilkinson Sword. 2 very nice blades, not too expensive, lasted plenty long. Great razor.

5 blades? don't forget the blade on the back!

silly.

13. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I was about to say the same thing.

Now that there are 5 blades on the front I supposed they'll start adding multiple blades to the back now. That one blade looks awful lonely!

brad cook

14. Yup, I remember it too!

Wasn't the line at the end of the sales pitch, "Because you will believe anything." ?

Mike

15. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    Gillette Excel Sensor disposables.They're blue with a light blue strip.

I picked up a 40 pack (or was it 60?) from Costco for $20.00.

That was something like 6 months ago. Still have 15-20 left I think. Shave everyday, one razor can last me about 5 days.

Shave is just as good as regualr Excel Sensors for me.

16. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Does this mean that Gillette is still producing the vibrating Mach 3? Or will they make the vibrating 5er now?

17. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    Pretty soon you'll be able to shave your whole face in one stroke.

18. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    I remember it. It was on SNL. That was the sales pitch, but what I remember was it was only 3 blades, shortly after the two-blader appeared.

19. That was the first thing that came to mind! The Spishak 21 blade razor! shaves off layers... of skin! It was MADTV but I dont doubt SNL did their own too.

rofl

-ryan-

20. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Hilarious, but I linked to this article here about a year ago when the new five blade razor was announced, and was severely repreimanded by a Moderator.:eyebrow: Apparently the foul language in that link is against the rules here.