Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

We Like?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rjb, Feb 8, 2003.

1. rjb

rjb

Nov 10, 2002
    Liverpool,UK
    YAY Or NAY

[​IMG]

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    :eek: . Double :eek:.

NAY. Definitely NAY. And I won't be persuaded to change my mind. NEVER!!!! :p

3. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Hmmmm.... I actually think it looks much nicer than the hofner's I've seen. It isn't a hofner is it? I like the dark stain. Not my fav design in the worl, but kinda pretty.

4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    It's an Epiphone. German Gitarre & Bass magazine did a review in 10/99 IIRC. The pic is linked from their website.

5. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    It's actually a pretty cool bass. I own one. It also comes with a telescoping rod so you can mount it like an upright, not that anyone in their right mind would want to do that! Tremendously loud, deep-voiced humbucker. Sounds better than most 60's Gibsons. It's a reissue of a reissue of a reissue...I bought mine really cheap, brand new. Sound good with a pick. So I say YEA or, uh, YAY.

6. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    Yes, I do!

7. rjb

rjb

Nov 10, 2002
    Liverpool,UK
    This is the bass i have and i love it.;)

8. I kinda like it, but I wouldn't buy one.

9. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    yeh its not bad i wouldnt mind playing on it, but i dont like the look of it..

10. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    No sir, I don't like it.

11. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD

^(what he said)^

12. it looks kinda nice. i'd definitely give it a try. i dunno if i'd wanna buy it though; depends on the feel and sound.

13. how cheap?

14. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    Looks cool.

15. i think the headstock looks way too big for the body, but other than that i do like it.

16. rjb

rjb

Nov 10, 2002
    Liverpool,UK
    i got mine recentley from my local music shop and it cost me £300 (don't know what that is in dollars) but i think it is a good bass.:oops:

17. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Few years ago MF cleared 'em out at $299, I believe.

18. niomosy

niomosy

Nov 9, 2002
    ....the cars. The cars that go boom! ???

Oh whoops, that. Ummmm. I've never been huge in that body style but if you like it, go for it!

19. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    The body is solid and the "f-hole" is a black decal! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Amethska

Amethska

Jan 27, 2003
    NJ, USA
    It's pretty. I like basses with the smaller bodies because the big ones get in the way and are clumsy and stuff... then again, I'm not really the biggest person out there:D