1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

We need an opening band in DC, details within, 3 upcoming dates

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Ender_rpm, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Ender_rpm

Ender_rpm

Apr 18, 2004
    St. Louis MO
    Ok, so my band Braddock Station Garrison has 3 shows on the books through December that we are looking for bands to join the bill as follows

12 October (Sat), Bier Baron, Dupont Circle
    08 Nov (Fri), Tree House Lounge, North East
    13 Dec (Fri), Tree House Lounge, North East

We are looking for original acts who would be interested in being the 8 pm opening slot on these dates. Style is roots rock, alt country/americana, radio friendly rock, 90s alt rock, maybe some indie, but generally looking for performers that play tight songs, good vibe, and can show up on time, and not make ear drums bleed. Bands are good, solo acts are good, duos, whatever.

What can I offer? Mostly Blood, sweat, and tears We all get paid off the door at both places. Bier Baron comps a couple beers and food, plus the door split. Done several shows there, and when we get good turnout, the bands made some money, the sound is generally good, and the staff is friendly and fun. Also, they have a RIDICULOUS beer selection. Treehouse is a new place, with a new manager/booker, so we're building our relationship with them. Played there last week, and had a good time.

What do I need from you? I need raw video of you playing your original music, like on Youtube or some such. It can be at a gig or in your rehearsal space. Links to demo or studio quality audio files also appreciated, but we need to be reasonably sure you can perform your material in a live setting. This is a "new artist" level opportunity, so draw is not the #1 qualifier. You submit your videos, we listen to them, and if we think we'd all be a good fit, we'll try to set it up. PM here is fine, or you can message us directly on Reverbnation or Facebook with links/band pages.

And now for me to put up/shut up My name is Patrick, and I'm the bass player.
    http://www.reverbnation.com/braddockstationgarrison

2. Ender_rpm

Ender_rpm

Apr 18, 2004
    St. Louis MO
    wow, 150 views and nothing? *sad face*

At least tell me if I'm being a jerk :)

3. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    You're not being a jerk. There probably just aren't a ton of roots rock originals bands looking for possibilities to play in DC for beer...... and possibly a few bucks.

I hope you don't think I am being a jerk.

Also, NE means Nebraska in most parts of the country. So clarify for non natives that you mean North East DC, and not a road trip to Nebraska...... and that Dupont is a burb of DC as well. That might clear things up. You used a lot of DC area lingo that may not be familiar to bands just outside your local area. So, someone in Baltimore might not be perfectly clear on what you are asking.

4. Ender_rpm

Ender_rpm

Apr 18, 2004
    St. Louis MO
    Ah, good points all.

yeah, its small money, no getting around that. Welcome to original music :)

5. valus

valus

Sep 12, 2013
    Memphis, TN
    Tried Craigslist? This probably isn't the best place to be looking for a local act.

6. Ender_rpm

Ender_rpm

Apr 18, 2004
    St. Louis MO
    Also have CL ads running, but was trying to hook up a fellow board member :)

7. Woodell

Woodell

Jan 13, 2009
    Newport News, VA
    I'd definitely jump on this if it weren't for the distance. We're an original alt country/americana band from the Hampton Roads area and we're used to playing for crumbs. We'd love to break into the Richmond area if we could.

If you ever get something a little closer, let me know. Here's something from one of our local open mics with a borrowed drummer.

8. Just out of curiosity - is this one of your $33.33 per band type paying gigs that you were talking about in your other thread? http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f67/splitting-money-questions-multi-band-show-1021637/ And if so, what happened - did one of the other bands already cancel?

9. Space Pickle

Space Pickle

Apr 15, 2013
    I think it's awesome you played at a place called the "bier baron".

I'LL FIND YOU, BEER BARON

NO YOU WON'T

YES I WILL

won't