we won! and then we didn't!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Milothicus, Apr 12, 2003.

1. last night, my band played in battle of the bands for southern ontario.....we had already won for our university...... and at the end of the night, they announced 3rd place: some other band. 2nd: some other band......1st: my band. i was speechless. i never expected to win. there were other bands that were definitely better then us. so we celebrated. in shock and thrilled........then she came back to the mic. they had 'misplaced' a band's sheet, and they scored higher than us. so we got second................it was nice to be the winners for a minute or two......
  2. jade

Mar 8, 2002
    woohooo second place is still good!!!
  3. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    at least u were in the top 3

4. oh, yeah. don't get me wrong. i'm happy with second too. it's just that little sting when for a minute or two, the win was there, and then it was gone.
  5. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    That's really cool... what university are you at? Perhaps I've even heard of your band? I dunno, I'm in southern ON.
  6. I'm at mcmaster. the band is 'this crooked mile'. we haven't done a huge number of shows lately, other than the three performances for the battles, and one in a local bar when the battle was postponed last week....... where do you go to school?
  7. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan

That sucks... I'd be mad.
  8. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    I'm in Niagara Falls... still in secondary school. I can't say I've heard of your band, but if they come by I'll be sure to see them.
  9. Is that the 'Campus Music Explosion' competition thinger? I played in that at Carleton U (I go to Ottawa U).

They were announcing the winners and just for a split second I thought we'd somehow won... My band is called Miles Away and the winner's were My Tiny Sofa or something, first syllable of both are the same. A great sort of vocal jazz band that you probably saw. That first syllable was crazy though, I wanted a trip to Toronto.
  10. I would be kiciking somebody's ATH on that one...But, CONGRATS!!!!!

Remember, second place is First loser....

j/k...Be good!
  11. yeah, it was CME, but i'm in a different region. for some reason it made sense to them to make us drive from hamilton to london, instead of to toronto............ i suppose there are just too many schools around toronto, so someone had to get screwed.