1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

We would be very short handed in the fife section

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Richland123, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    We would be very short handed in the fife section.

I book a variety of bands, performers, and other types of entertainment for festivals and other events. Quite a few months ago, I booked a nationally well known 30 - 40 member fife and drum corps to perform at one of the large regional festivals I help organize. This group is located less than an hour's drive from the festival and everybody was very excited I was able to book them to perform in our parade and then do a one hour patriotic music performance concert all tied into a military and flag ceremony. They only do a small select number of shows a year locally. We have been advertising them on all the media outlets everywhere in the region.

They were booked to perform on Saturday August 18th. Well, they decided this week that they now will not be coming and here is the reason.

We would be very short handed in the fife section.

They did not call me but sent an email (which I listed and shortened).

I must apologize for not being able to take part in your event. We are not able to muster enough men for that day's event due to employment commitments of a large number of the men. We would be very short handed in the fife section.

Too bad I can't use that reason to get out of gigs but I only have a 3 piece band. :meh:

2. Signs of the econmy. People need to support their families first.

3. throughthefire

throughthefire

Oct 1, 2010
    Utah
    Noone willing to sub on fife in your area? :bag:

4. t77mackie

t77mackie

Jun 13, 2012
    Wormtown, MA

FF to 4:45