weak wah effect and EQ overhaul

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by kreplock, Aug 12, 2005.

1. kreplock

Aug 6, 2005
    stores never seem to carry bass wah pedals in stock (not much market, i'm sure) so i can't try before i buy.

except yesterday, Guitar Center had a used bass wah (forget brand) so i gave it a shot. the effect was totally unsatisfactory - sounded like it created a copy of my signal and wah'd that sound, then sent both signals thru the amp. was pretty weak, no matter what i did with the pedal settings.

i'm looking for a pedal that will carry the whole signal for the effect, something with a beefy bend to it. and something that doesn't flatten the sound out; when i hit this pedal i had to completely change the EQ to get my sound back.

these may be dumb ?'s but <shrug> i don't know much about effects. i'm sure a few of you have some good suggestions.
  2. well, for funk-style wah, go for a new Morley double bass wah or used vintage PWO. For distorted, metal-style wah, go for the PWO (power wah) or a Dunlop Crybaby 105Q. for anything else, also Crybaby, I'd say.
  3. yeah i love my morley. it's kind of weird though, on the instructions they give you, it says that its "funk wah" is great for slapping and popping, however, i prefer ther regular wah for slapping...gives it more of a trebbly bite to it. i like the funk wah setting more for fingerstyle.