Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

weak wah effect and EQ overhaul

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by kreplock, Aug 12, 2005.

1. kreplock

kreplock

Aug 6, 2005
    stores never seem to carry bass wah pedals in stock (not much market, i'm sure) so i can't try before i buy.

except yesterday, Guitar Center had a used bass wah (forget brand) so i gave it a shot. the effect was totally unsatisfactory - sounded like it created a copy of my signal and wah'd that sound, then sent both signals thru the amp. was pretty weak, no matter what i did with the pedal settings.

i'm looking for a pedal that will carry the whole signal for the effect, something with a beefy bend to it. and something that doesn't flatten the sound out; when i hit this pedal i had to completely change the EQ to get my sound back.

these may be dumb ?'s but <shrug> i don't know much about effects. i'm sure a few of you have some good suggestions.

2. well, for funk-style wah, go for a new Morley double bass wah or used vintage PWO. For distorted, metal-style wah, go for the PWO (power wah) or a Dunlop Crybaby 105Q. for anything else, also Crybaby, I'd say.

3. yeah i love my morley. it's kind of weird though, on the instructions they give you, it says that its "funk wah" is great for slapping and popping, however, i prefer ther regular wah for slapping...gives it more of a trebbly bite to it. i like the funk wah setting more for fingerstyle.