Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Weather report videos

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by pauljacksonfan, Jun 28, 2005.

1. pauljacksonfan

pauljacksonfan

Jun 14, 2005
    I have been on a quest for this for quite some time now. I haven't found a single commercial release as of yet and I've only been able to come up with two clips on the web:

One with the Heavy Weather-band playing "Elegant people"
    One with the Pastorius/Erskine-band playing "Black market", a Zawinul solo interlude and "Scarlet woman" from a '78 show in Germany.

If anyone could tip me off to anywhere I can find commercial releases besides these (or these whole shows) I'd be really grateful. And if anyone has any other WR-vids they'd like to share/trade that'd be great as well. Just pm me. Oh, and I love every incarnation of Weather Report, not just Jaco, so those'd be fun as well.

Thanks

2. Hey PJ fan,

I did a quick search on Ebay and found two DVD's of Weather Report.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=617&item=6410142411&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
    Weather Report Update Live at Philharmonic Gasteig Monchen 1986 with the following players:

JOE ZAWINUL
    STEVE KHAN
    VICTOR BAILEY
    PETER ERSKINE
    BOBBIE THOMAS Jr

AND

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=617&item=6410083375&rd=1&ssPageName=WD1V
    Weather Report Live Concert 1984 DVD

Joe Zawinul
    Wayne Shorter
    Omar Hakim
    Victor Bailey
    Mino Cinelu

The first one looks legit, an actual used DVD. The second one is someone out of Dublin Ireland, looks like it is probably a copy. Check out his feed back though, looks good.

I have got three DVD's of Marcus this way, all Japanese release not available in the U.S. and they where all of good quality. They also came from Dublin, not sure if it is the same guy though. If you are interested send him an email and if his name is David O'Brien I can vouch for him. One of the DVD's had a scratch and he sent me another right away.

3. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I bought Weather Report: Young & Fine Live! (IMPORT/Not Cheap) from www.audiophileimports.com

I assume it would be considered a commercial release.

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Yup I bought this as a commercial release and although the picture quality isn't great - it's definitely worth having to see Jaco in his prime! :)

5. mike sancho

mike sancho SANCH

Feb 10, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Young and Fine is a must if you're into Jaco.

6. pauljacksonfan

pauljacksonfan

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks guys. Guess I haven't been looking hard enough :oops:
    I'll check out your links ASAP

7. WillBuckingham

WillBuckingham

Mar 30, 2005
    hey Pauljacksonfan, can you post a link for those two videos that you did find?