Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

web design help!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by the overlooked, Jul 3, 2003.

1. the overlooked

the overlooked Guest

Jun 8, 2003
    alright.. my band needs a wesbsite.. now, we have all the html written out and everything.. we even have an account at brinkster to upload and host them from.. the porblem is, all the html is from our old site.. we want the same exact site, but we have new stuff.. im sure it cant be that hard to just erase the info and write new stuff.. but i have no idea how to do it or what to do.. if you can help in ANY WAY AT ALL, please email me at the_overlooked@hotmail.com or contact me on aim at xtheoverlookedx but sometimes my computer messes up and i odnt get my IM's, so please leave your aim sn here and i will contact you.. thanks so much for any help

2. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    talk to NewBassPlayer66 ....he does website stuff

3. Murf

Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    Ireland
    just open the source in notepad (or open the site then "view source" in your browser), edit the text....easy peasy.

4. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    So.... you want it the same but different. :rolleyes:

That could be a little tricky! Do you mean that you want similar layout to before but updated content?

Editing the HTML in notepad (or simiilar) would work... but you will have to save it to your hard drive and then upload to the Brinkster site (probably via their web-based form unless you've got one of their non-free accounts, which allows FTP).

Don't open it in the browser, view the source, spend hours editing it and click on save... you'll have updated the temporary copy on your computer, NOT the live website version!

Wulf