Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

web strings. any good?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by steve-o, May 28, 2002.

1. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    they are cheap. about 10 a set.
    and if you buy over a certain amount you can get free sets.
    my dad uses them on his guitars that he builds.
    they sound great on his guitar.
    i was just wondering if anyone hass ever tried them.they should be here in a couple of days.
    click below to see them
    i got the 5 string light for my 4 string plan on using them except the b string. (they are lighter than everything else) or just running the b as an E and a the E as an A and so on. any opinions?

web strings

steve

2. Never tried strings from the web: to be honest, I've never bought anything from the web.

Over this side of the Pond there's a firm called:

www.stringsdirect.co.uk

Their prices seem good, they've got a fast email customer service setup, a descriptive section about the strings they sell and they sell all sorts, not just strings.

I'll definitely give them a go next time I'm in the market for strings.

No doubt there are similar companies in the USA.

John

3. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i should be getting them today!!!
    and it is my first day of summer break!!
    only one more high school year left!!

steve

4. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

I think you'll find them a good value for the money.

The Webstring people realize that cost is a bigger priority to their customers than sound, so they last very long for cheap strings, IME. They have a smooth feel and the (medium 5-string) sets I bought had decent tension/tightness.

I bought them just out of curiosity and put them on a bass I wasn't using much. On my "paycheck" basses I continued to use DR's because the $24 or so difference in price was abundantly clear in the sound.