web strings. any good?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by steve-o, May 28, 2002.

1. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    they are cheap. about 10 a set.
    and if you buy over a certain amount you can get free sets.
    my dad uses them on his guitars that he builds.
    they sound great on his guitar.
    i was just wondering if anyone hass ever tried them.they should be here in a couple of days.
    click below to see them
    i got the 5 string light for my 4 string plan on using them except the b string. (they are lighter than everything else) or just running the b as an E and a the E as an A and so on. any opinions?

web strings

2. Never tried strings from the web: to be honest, I've never bought anything from the web.

Over this side of the Pond there's a firm called:

Their prices seem good, they've got a fast email customer service setup, a descriptive section about the strings they sell and they sell all sorts, not just strings.

I'll definitely give them a go next time I'm in the market for strings.

No doubt there are similar companies in the USA.

3. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i should be getting them today!!!
    and it is my first day of summer break!!
    only one more high school year left!!

4. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

I think you'll find them a good value for the money.

The Webstring people realize that cost is a bigger priority to their customers than sound, so they last very long for cheap strings, IME. They have a smooth feel and the (medium 5-string) sets I bought had decent tension/tightness.

I bought them just out of curiosity and put them on a bass I wasn't using much. On my "paycheck" basses I continued to use DR's because the $24 or so difference in price was abundantly clear in the sound.