1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Weber Alnico 10 for old SVT

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lowend1, Aug 30, 2008.

1. lowend1

lowend1

Feb 15, 2005
  2. JGR

JGR The "G" is for Gustav Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 29, 2006
    Maryland
    President, CEO, CFO, CIO, Chief Engineer, Technician, Janitor - Reiner Amplification
    Cool, thanks for the link. They are also supposed to be making an 810 cab too, as well as an SVT head kit. I bet these speakers will be cool in their cab as well as the repro's that Fliptops makes.

JR

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    What? No square magnet? What's up with that???

4. lowend1

lowend1

Feb 15, 2005
    I think that on the originals, the "square" you're seeing is just a casing, while the magnet is an alnico ring. Can anyone confirm?

5. toobalicious

toobalicious

May 6, 2008
    triad, nc
    gee.... i always ASS-U-ME'd that the square magnet cts in the 'pegs were the same as other square magnet cts from the same era--- ceramic. i guess i have never paid close enough attention, and i have never personally owned any ampeg gear. i have a pair of 15" cts with that square ceramic magnet that came out of a 2x15 bassman cab.

the webers are (obviously) alnico.... the webers i have tried and/or owned have mostly been great speakers, and the service is great. nothing but good things to say about them, but i digress (a little). over 5 bills for 8 of them aint no small change, but they are probably as accurate/good/etc a replacement as you are going to find.

edit:
    DUH.... like the CTS 10's that were in a super reverb i had..... alnico horseshoe-type magnet, and the open ends were "capped" with a press-fit sort of dealy. that is what we are talking here, arent we?

6. toobalicious

toobalicious

May 6, 2008
    triad, nc
    like this:
    [​IMG]

indeed, just a cover.

7. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Well I like the cover! ;)

8. lowend1

lowend1

Feb 15, 2005
    Y'know Jim, with your avatar, I visualize every post of yours being written by a small James Brown lookalike in a Devo hat.

9. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Right. Devo JB and I are twins.