Weber amps / HiWatt

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by radiophonic, Jul 13, 2020.

1. radiophonic

radiophonic

May 9, 2013
    I've always wanted a totally unaffordable HiWatt 200 and Weber amps have accidentally crossed my radar. I'm in the UK so getting gear from Germany is relatively straightforward and safe, but the somewhat minimalist website is not too informative. It seems like a one guy operation. Has anyone here dealt directly with the company?

2. Gothguy

Gothguy Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2016
    I owned the Weber ab200 for a short while and it sounded amazing

3. Gothguy

Nov 24, 2016
    pie_man_25 likes this.
  4. Inara

Inara Fierce Fun Fretless Female Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2017
    Seattle, WA USA
    pie_man_25 likes this.
  5. Wasnex

Wasnex

Dec 25, 2011
    If you are referring to the Weber MyWatt, send an email. I corresponded with the Max Weber when I lived in Germany. I would have bought a 400 but he said the amp could not be setup for US voltage...Should not be a problem for UK voltage.

Here's the email: [email protected]

The reviews I have read suggest MyWatts are great amps and well made, but the sound is not 100% authentic to Hiwatt.

6. I tried to buy that amp about 5 years ago when it was on Craigslist, at least I think it’s the same. The guy would not respond. Now it’s in a shop in Andover.

7. Gothguy

Nov 24, 2016
    I used to own it! It’s been amazing. I’m pretty sure that it’s owned by the band HarborLights in Boston now. I tried to buy it from them last year.

8. Gothguy

Nov 24, 2016
    Also sorry, that I was probably me on Craigslist.

Rockbobmel likes this.
  9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 4, 2021