Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Weber Recones for Vintage SVT 810

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ampegsvtca, Jul 20, 2004.

1. I was just curious how close the Weber recones look when comapred to the original speakers (cones, dustcap, surround). Its not a big deal but I would just like them to look as close to the originals as possible. Rickenbackerman? or someone else just had some done recently if I am not mistaken.

2. Rickenbackerman

Rickenbackerman

Apr 17, 2001
    Laurel MD
    The cones and surrounds are identical. I've seen at least two different styles of dustcaps (early CTS vs. later eminence) and the dustcaps he used look more like the later eminence ones. They're a little bigger than the CTS ones.

Also, the cardboard ring that goes around the outside of the speaker (on the front, not the gasket) is tan rather than black like the old ones.

I've got 8 '76 eminence square magnet driver I had reconed by him - they sound awesome.

He's going to be getting some '71 CTS alnicos next...

3. Thanks for your reply. I am probably going to be sending a couple of speakers to them very soon but I am sure shipping alone is probably going to kill me as I am in Canada. I really wish that someone up here could do it for me. Oh well...