Webhost or similiar to have some songs critiqued.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by odie, Dec 2, 2003.

1. odie

odie Supporting Member

Well it sounds like MP3.com is closing down. If I remember correctly this is what Talkbass uses to host MP3 of members....correct??

I wanted to post a few songs that I recorded using my Tascam 788. It was my first time recording with it and my first time doing all the mixing and recording by myself.

Where can I post these??

On a side note I have been contemplating starting our band web page. This would work in the future for posting songs. But not at this time. Any recommendations on setting up a band site. Who to go thru etc.
  2. odie

odie Supporting Member

Oh yes free is better.;)
  3. Gargaeband.com is a great site to have your music reviewed by peers. In order to upload a song for review you must first review I think it's like 10 pairs of others work. You review the tunes in pairs, rate them individually and then pick which is your fav. All the tunes collect ratings and standings. I think they even give away a prize every quarter or so.
    The site was developed by Jerry HArrison of Talkin Heads fame. I really like the format.

Now whats this news of mp3.com shutting down? Is Robertson calling it quits to devote more time to Lindows? mp3.com was one of the coolest offices I have ever been to. Back in the day it was a great place and idea.
  4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Not free, but only $20 a month, 500MB webspace, and allows streaming audio.

Designed especially for band websites.
  5. odie

odie Supporting Member

Ok that an idea. How about anything cheaper?? A few Mp3's band schedule etc.

But right now I want to post a couple songs so I can have someone give me tips on using my Tascam 788.
  6. odie

odie Supporting Member

Wow I thought people would be overflowing with info!!
  7. wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    Do you get any free space with your ISP? All you need is a place to post the files - you can then put the links up here to give people access to them.