1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

webpage help

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by TSanders, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Any free places out there where I can easily build myself a webpage.

Just curious.

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Well, when you say 'build a webpage' what do you mean exactly?

To make a webpage you need to 1) buy hosting 2) buy a domain name (e.g. www.ebmusicmanlvr83.com) 3a)learn html and how to code a webpage(Free, challenging) or 3b)get someone to make it for you($$) or 3c) use a program like golive or dreamweaver to do it(typically way easy, costs money though)

So it's a fairly complicated process.

I just bought hosting and a domain the other day, and I am currently trying to wrangle with HTML and see if I can't figure something out.

There *are* free webhosts out there, stuff like geocities or angelfire, but they're basically just toys and no one takes anything they read on geocities sites seriously. For a *real* webpage(something you control and can make look really good and professional, something that has a lot of space and bandwidth, something that has the room to expand...etc.), you pretty much have to do the steps outlined above.

3. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i pay about 8 bucks a month for my host and i really like it....

PM me if you want to know more about it...

4. Thanks for the help guys. I just got off the phone with a friend who is good with this stuff and hes gonna gimme a hand.