Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

webpage help

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by TSanders, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Any free places out there where I can easily build myself a webpage.

Just curious.

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Well, when you say 'build a webpage' what do you mean exactly?

To make a webpage you need to 1) buy hosting 2) buy a domain name (e.g. www.ebmusicmanlvr83.com) 3a)learn html and how to code a webpage(Free, challenging) or 3b)get someone to make it for you($$) or 3c) use a program like golive or dreamweaver to do it(typically way easy, costs money though)

So it's a fairly complicated process.

I just bought hosting and a domain the other day, and I am currently trying to wrangle with HTML and see if I can't figure something out.

There *are* free webhosts out there, stuff like geocities or angelfire, but they're basically just toys and no one takes anything they read on geocities sites seriously. For a *real* webpage(something you control and can make look really good and professional, something that has a lot of space and bandwidth, something that has the room to expand...etc.), you pretty much have to do the steps outlined above.

3. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i pay about 8 bucks a month for my host and i really like it....

PM me if you want to know more about it...

4. Thanks for the help guys. I just got off the phone with a friend who is good with this stuff and hes gonna gimme a hand.