Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Website for my band...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Tyler Hole, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Hey, I got a website for my band, Mr. Slippyfist. Anyways, just wondering what you guys think about it, any feedback is welcome.

http://mrsf.whmoh.com/

Peace,
    Tyler

2. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    your guitarist is cute.

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    looks pretty tight Tyler. I'd ease up on the center justifying. Also it's proven the the human eye/brain has issues following long horizontal lines of text (ie. Newspaper print is broke into easy to scan columns). I generally set my sites in a centered table set to 80% page width (then mix the justification within that centered table)... that way it still scales and has *white space* on each side of the window (though I didn't in the site I'm hacking for my band http://www.hartsafire.com/wake )

Also, skin the forum is the site colors (like I did for www.thelowend.net ).

4. I really haven't done anything with the forums, been busy w/ finals. I'll end up skinning it as I need to. Also, that's an interesting way to do sales on the low end...who's idea was that?

5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

mine, Brian is a friend and was in need of some site stuff (old free host and pages disapeared :eek: ). I needed to get him up quick and make it so he could take over with little training... and be able to add all sold stuff to a gallery without much fuss.

I racked my brain for a week and pondered a custom backend (actually I spend too much time pondering back ends :smug: )... when the idea of a forum hit me. When he sells something, he just "moves" the thread and retitles it. It also gave him the ability to have a little BBS of his own.

6. Hrm, not a bad idea! Good thinkin.

7. bentem

bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    my band just made a website, www.theshockers.tk
    got a show coming up friday

cool websites tyler and speddling

8. cool site, but just a quick question, where did you get that nickname? :eyebrow:

sorry, i jut thought that was funny :D

Charlie

9. I've had it since 6th grade and it's just kind of stuck. Actually, it somewhat died out and people call me T-Hole, but I thought it would be funny to bring it back and use it since we all had weird nick names (cept bernie because we couldn't think of a good one).

10. how about sultan?
    get it? sultan culpepper?
    salt 'n pepper?
    :D i crack myself up!

Charlie
    btw, i joined your forum!

11. Hrm...interesting. I might have to run that by him ;)

12. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    The site is plain, but functional (which is much better than beautiful and useless). The songs are pretty rough, but funny.

I've also begun the TB takeover of your forum. Who's with me?

13. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    rename your band to "The Fake Names" :)

14. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Your tongue kind of scares me T-Hole.

I bet you're popular with the ladies, though.

15. You guys are crazy :p

The "songs" on there are totally on-the-spot made up ones of just of me and my guitarist at 2am-3:30am on a Sunday morning.

16. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    OMG your songs are great LMAO! I love The Funk.

17. Maybe we should write all our songs real early in the morning then?

18. how bout a little bump...decked the forum out in green and black :D

Also...Dave, I put that pic up in the random section in Pictures.