Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Website hosting?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Jennifer, Nov 15, 2002.

1. Jennifer

Jennifer

Jul 31, 2000
    Erie, Illinois
    I posted this in the new mgmt forum, didn't get any answers, so thought I'd try here.

I am going to have a website set up for our band. I already have the domain name, now I need to find a host. Can anyone recommend a good company that doesn't charge alot?

Thanks.

2. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    yo, seeing as its a band site that doesnt need too much bandwidth (file transfer) check out www.34sp.com . It charges £15 per year, thats around $25. the band witdh per month etc isnt huge, but you can link files such as songs from offsite places eg upload to a geocities site :)

if your looking to shell out a bit more, ie $6/month try www.incrahost.com (a frinds hosting company) or www.freeservers.com.

hope i helped :)

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I've been using http://www.phpwebhosting.com for all the sites I work on for over a year now with no complaints.

Unlimited space, transfers and bandwidth (within reason) They have PHP and Perl installed and available for use. Very compatible for interactive sites, they offer mailing lists etc etc etc

$9.95 per month it's a nice price for a professional, full service host

4. hmm... dreamhost.com is really good, but rather expensive...

and if you're looking for free space, I think web1000.com is pretty good... 50 megs. of space, yourname.web1000.com which you can redirect your url to and there are no ads.

5. Jennifer

Jennifer

Jul 31, 2000
    Erie, Illinois
    Thanks, everyone. I appreciate it.

6. erikwhitton

erikwhitton Guest

Sep 20, 2002
    Portland, ME USA
    I offer web hosting and work with a lot of musicians/bands/music shops/etc.

At $12-15 per month it's a bit more, but I am very focused on reliable uptime, and being available to answer the many questions people have about their sites.

a l ot of other companies do not have live people on the phones - i give out my cell# to clients.

more info at www.erik-online.com or email me!

good luck.
    -erik