Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

website image help

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Mar 5, 2004.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    anyone know how to put an image on the web other than the way i'm going to do it now (upload the image here). the message board i recently created says in order to post an image in the header of that board you need to have a url for for the image. this is currently the only way i know to do that, so i'm going to waste a wee little bit of talbass space here to do it. how else is this possible???

2. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City

3. My only suggestion is post the attachment press submit post, open the attachment from the post copy the adress, edit your post, do [​IMG] thing, then it should appear

Sorry if this is not what you want to do...couldnt really understand your post....and is this meant to be in the amps forum??

Hope this helps

4. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    (IIRC) Here's the HTML code for posting an image (if this is what you're looking for?).

<*IMG SRC="filename">

Leave out the asterisk, and replace the italic filename with the actual name of the file. Example: "bandlogo.gif"

(I haven't done any HTML code for a couple of years, so this is just off the top of my head, and I'm probably missing some details, but maybe this will get you started.)

5. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Joe - 1. You'll need to upload the image to some web space that can host the image, before you can reference an URL. You'll need web space and an FTP client (at least that's how I do it). 2. The Amps forum? C'mon, Joe! :p ;)

6. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    aren't web images and amps similar? they're both things, aren't they?

alright - it was really early in the morning - was meant to go into off topic. not sure what happened. sometimes my mouse jumps or something. anyhow.... secret donkey came closest to answering my question, i know my post wasn't very clear. the image i made looked like crap where i wanted to use it, so i don't need any of this anymore. thanks anyhow. was gonna just delete this thread but wanted to half explain half mindedness. :)

update: several hours later: decided to try another pic.

7. Well im glad you no what you meant...

8. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

The NERVE! :eek: :D
    Waste our bandwidth for personal gain, and brag about it!
    For shame!

Say 5 "Hail bush's" and go hence and sin no more, my son ...

9. tappel

tappel

May 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Your band has a website, yes? Tell your webguy to upload the picture of choice and then ask him for the URL. It should look something like:

Code:
    http://www.thenerve.org/images/picture.jpg
    That's where your Bravenet board can find the picture.

Hope this helps,

Tom