Website to Download Bass Videos..

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by mz91, Feb 22, 2003.

1. mz91

Apr 19, 2002
    Zug, Switzerland
    I just wanted to know if you guys knew of any sites where i could download bass oriented videos...maybe some clips of bass solos or something like that....thanks.

some videos of whackata-whackata Mark King-style slap bass.
  3. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    If you go to you can find good videos, Percy Jones, Me'Shell, Louis Johnson, Victor Wooten and more :)
  4. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Phreaky, good looking out on the link!
  5. great stuff- wish I had broadband to get the larger files quicker (BTW is there an easy way to save inline movies other than creating a new html page with the movie file as a link to "save target as" like I've been doing?).

is it just me, or does anyone else find the fretless intonation on the Percy Jones clip a bit painful?
  6. I've now saved all the clips from that BassLobster site.

Gary Willis has pretty good intonation on fretless- I'd say that comparison with the Percy Jones clip is a good argument for lines on a fretless....
  7. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Is it just me or does Jeff berlin seem kind of..."look-what-I-can-do-I'm-better-jaco" in that video?

it seems like he is purposefully trying to 1up jaco, like when Jaco starts to solo Jeff cuts back in, after playing an overly syncopated groove(I say this, because I feel that the groove was just trying to magnify jaco's groove by 10) I don't know.....also the emotion on jeff berlins looked like he was just trying to show jaco up:meh:
  8. "when Jaco starts to solo Jeff cuts back in"

yeah, I wondered about that too.

it says the clip is from 1985. what was Jaco's state of health at the time?

I like John Pattituci's Bach rendition- although you can hear some unplayed strings ringing at a couple of points- right-hand thumb muting could have stopped this.
  9. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    If you have Quicktime pro then you can just right click and hit save movie...but that costs money.
  10. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001

MTR, what system do you have? If it's a windows box and your using IE TOOLS-->INTERNET OPTIONS-->SETTINGS--->VIEW FILES. then look for a big file, the name of the file, or the quicktime logo, RIGHT CLICK---->COPY then paste it wherever you want.

this is what I do, as I refuse to pay for quicktime.
  11. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    yeah...that works too....not particularly easier though.
  12. i didnt know you could do that, thats gonna come in handy, thanks. BTW, did anyone notice the Green Acres theme in the beginning of that Vic Wooten solo?
  13. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Do it twice and it you have down so that it takes seconds. It also helps if you clear the cache BEFORE you watch the movies, easier to find the movie.
  14. Ok, um, I got to the cookies page.

Then I saw a file with 12,000 kb, the Jaco/Berlin video.

Copied it.

Then what? Paste it where?
  15. I presume pasting it into My Documents would work.

thanks for the tip, Blisshead.
    although seeing the blue download bar and download rate in the "save target as" dialogue seems more reassuring to me:D