Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wechter Guitars ABG

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by basstrader, May 7, 2003.

1. Hey has anyone out there seen/heard/played the new ABG from Wechter Guitars? He's a small production builder out of Michigan who used to be a Gibson designer. I have an skinny string acoustic of his and it is a fabulous sounding instrument. I'd be thinking about this one if I had the jing.

Wechter Pathmaker Acoustic Bass

Bunnybass has been talking about them too, apparently they will be carrying his basses.

I'd be interested in your comments.

Stay Low,

BT

2. I have the impression that they're not too much past the prototype/demo stage, so only folks at NAMM probably got to check them out. I'd certainly be interested in hearing what anyone who did play it thought, though.

Mike

3. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
  4. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Wow two years!!!

My brother Peter has one of their 6 string guitars. It sounds unbelievable. ..... that said, any guitar in Peter's hands sounds great - he's an extremely gifted guitarrist with talent and skills (damn good bass player, too)..... But the Wechter even sounds good when I play it and that's saying something....

5. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    Am quite surprised that no-one has tried one, given the interest in acoustic bass guitars on Talkbass recently.

So far, I haven't been able to find any dealer that has (or has had) one.

6. Freddy

Freddy

Feb 6, 2005
    Jonas Hellborg has got a Wechter bass that looks and sounds incredible...
    I think Abraham Wechter actually played guitar on Adventures In Radioland by John McLaughlin, makes me think he's a gifted guitar player too! :D