1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wedding band cartoon

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by James Simonson, Sep 15, 2010.

1. This is beyond hilarious:

2. Fretless1!

Fretless1!

Feb 19, 2007
    I love these things. The voices make 'em. The Wedding Planner one is so true it makes me want to cry!

3. I almost peed myself laughing.

"I am the wedding coordinator, and I am in charge." "I am the wedding coordinator, and I am in charge." "I am the wedding coordinator, and I am in charge." "I am the wedding coordinator, and I am in charge." "I am the wedding coordinator, and I am in charge." "I am the wedding coordinator, and I am in charge."

lol.

4. Tangentor

Tangentor

Jun 12, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    The repetition is what makes it... that, and the spot-on portrayal of the coordinator as an incompetent yet completely arrogant prat.

The first one of these Xtranormal text-to-speech videos that I ever saw was (just released today)

5. Nice work. How long does it take to make one of these?

6. Tangentor

Tangentor

Jun 12, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    Well done, sir!

"$12,000 worth of supremely awesome Monster cable" - perfect

Dodging the all-important question - priceless.

James, I used the Web-based method, and it takes me at least 3 hours to do each one, partly because I have no idea what I'm going to write when I start, and mainly because (as you know) you have to wait for it to recreate preview each time you want to hear how words are pronounced. I try to tweak phrases and words to get rid of the ones that the text-to-speech butchers the worst, but that takes forever.

Then, I geek out too much on the expressions and animations.

Worst, I worked all night Monday on what would have been Episode 3 (this is after my day job, and after getting my son to bed) and had it within 1-2 more previews of my deciding to Publish... and what do you know, the previewing function failed, & crashed my browser. Then, when I returned, I could not retrieve the 98% complete movie I'd been saving every 5 minutes.

I have a help desk ticket in with Xtranormal but don't expect much, so I wrote a different Episode 3 instead (and if they recover the lost movie, I'll just make that Episode 4.)

This is my first time making ANY kind of a Web series, and it's quite satisfying when people ask when the next one will be ready... though, in my case, there are only a handful of folks THAT interested.

7. I love that website.

8. lowend219

lowend219

Sep 17, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    spot on. I play in some original bands but I also run sound for an upscale wedding band in LA. The coordinator from a few weeks ago was so bad I almost walked off the gig.

She failed to communicate some changes in the script with the band leader and decided that, as the sound man it was my clearly fault (um...what?). I had her, her assistant and the contact from the hotel all screaming at me at once. Meanwhile the guests are getting plastered and having an amazing time, but still, in the eyes of the coordinator and her entourage the whole wedding was ruined and it was completely my fault.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021