Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wedgie picks

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Sundogue, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    I've only seen one thread about wedgie picks. I tried one out last night and I loved it, but I can see where it won't last as it was quite worn down by the end of practice (about 20 songs).

Does anybody have any recommendations for long lasting, heavy duty picks that are somewhat flexible (not sloppy flexible, but something that is not terribly stiff either)?

The thing I like about the wedgie (it was the heaviest one) was that it was stiff enough to feel it strike the string, yet it didn't just bend like nothing was there either. I like the muted tone where it doesn't sound like I'm even using a pick...i.e. - no "clicking" sound. It also felt very comfortable to hold, with it being a non-slip rubber and an indentation for my thumb.

I plan on making a trip to the local music store and buying a bunch of different ones to try out and see what works best for me.

Any suggestions for a pick that sounds and feels like the wedgie, but will last longer?