1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Weekly Bass Tips w/ Adam Neely

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by HaVIC5, Mar 4, 2013.

1. HaVIC5

HaVIC5

Aug 22, 2003
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Hey all, it's been a while since I've posted lessons regularly, but I'm trying to get back into it. The series, "the Weekly Bass Tip" is meant to just give ideas for practice and performance, rather than to go into exhaustive detail into any one particular thing. Hopefully they'll inspire you a little bit!

Enjoy!

Week One - High Action?

Week Two - Count Stuff!

Week Three - Socks!

ADDED 3/12 - Week Four - Reading stuffs

ADDED 3/19 - Week Five - Capozzz

More stuff to come! Every Monday from now until whenever.

-Adam

2. HaVIC5

HaVIC5

Aug 22, 2003
    Brooklyn, NYC
  3. How high action are you talking about on week one?

Pics?

I have heard people say higher action gives better tone, I think maybe they mean no fret buzz when digging in?

4. HaVIC5

HaVIC5

Aug 22, 2003
    Brooklyn, NYC
    It varies bass to bass, and really the only way you can truly tell the difference is in a playing situation with other people, in my humble opinion. It could be no fret buzz when digging in, or it could be higher or lower than that threshold. The whole idea, however, is that you're getting it to a point where you don't feel like you are particularly hindered by your bass by how you are digging in.

5. HaVIC5

HaVIC5

Aug 22, 2003
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Week 5!