1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Weeping Demon sounds awful

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by SuperRich, Aug 17, 2012.

1. SuperRich

SuperRich

Jul 19, 2012
    I bought this pedal off eBay after reading. Loads of reviews on here.

When I got it I was very disappointed. It makes me bass sound so ****. And the main thing ! The sweep is totally Useless until the last centimetre. Can anyone tell me if this is a fault? The pedal moves a lot so I would expect it to actually do something ?!

2. otherclef

otherclef

Aug 10, 2011
    Charleston
    I'm sure other have different opinions ( as we see in the reviews ).
    Never tried it. But I can tell you the some of the "adjustable" Wahs out there have a HUGE spectrum of tones/sounds. Not to mention how it responds to differnet input level...etc.
    Dont give up so soon. Spend some time.

3. Ywah, mess withe settings a bit. I found a few bad ones and some good ones when I had one. IIRC there should be a bass/guitar switch on there somewhere. I found it too thin on the guitar setting but good on bass.

Good luck!

4. SuperRich

SuperRich

Jul 19, 2012
    Ok. I'm pretty sure it's faulty now. It went from Harley sweeping, to not sweeping at all. The setting do pretty much nothing and there is a slight change in the high end. Could a music shop tech guy fix this?

5. is'nt it a guitar pedal? i mean i know im the guy who has a habbit of using guitar pedals on bass but i thought it sounded thin on guitar so i never bothered

6. On the left side there should be a lever for switching between auto shutoff and manual switching. Try it on manual as I remember mine not doing anything on the auto (where it springs back when you take your foot off). If that doesn't change anything I'd have to say it's broken.

7. crapusername

crapusername

Sep 26, 2005
    North Kent.UK
    endorsing artist: Dean guitars, Marshall , Rotosound strings
    I have and regularly gig this pedal.
    It really sounds like you have a duff one.
    Perhaps an email to ibanez might yield some answers/ help.
    I assume you've tried already, but you really need to use the low knob in the last quarter of its travel.
    It really shouldn't sound thin at all. Ime it's sounds bigger and fatter than the 105q, and the Morley dbw

8. SuperRich

SuperRich

Jul 19, 2012
    Does anyone know what would be faulty on this ? Perhaps something is loose maybe?