WEEPING DEMON SUGGESTIONS WANTED

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by RUDEONTOUR, Aug 8, 2009.

1. RUDEONTOUR

RUDEONTOUR

Mar 29, 2007
    phoenix,AZ
    Just got a weeping demon wah, first wah i've been happy with, wanted to get some recommendations on were to place in signal chain, settings on the pedal, etc. I currently run a USA Custom P-Bass with quarterpounders & badass bridge, to my pedal board(Boss Tuner-Boss GE-7 EQ-Tech 21 Classic-Sansamp Bassdriver-Weeping Demon) to an Ashley 32 band EQ-QSC 1400 Power Amp-Madison MAB 412 & a Yamaha 2x15 Cab

2. takfar

takfar

Dec 21, 2008
    I personally run it after my octave, envelope filter and fuzz, but before my overdrive and delay. Can get some pretty wild shrieks of out it that way. I use it switched to low, with the q a bit after 12 o'clock and low a bit before 12 o'clock.

3. crapusername

crapusername

Sep 26, 2005
    North Kent.UK
    endorsing artist: Dean guitars, Marshall , Rotosound strings
    i put mine after the octave, synth, fuzz, drive and od, and before chorus/ flanger, delay, di etc.
    gotta love those swelling screams!

4. RUDEONTOUR

RUDEONTOUR

Mar 29, 2007
    phoenix,AZ
    I have my settings close to yours, but if i have the wah before my sansamp bassdriver, even with the level at max, when i use the wah, there is a massive volume drop, so i find myself having to go bassdriver before the WD,

5. RUDEONTOUR

RUDEONTOUR

Mar 29, 2007
    phoenix,AZ
    which chorus do you use? The only one i have liked so far is an old DOD FX 65, newer DOD's, & Boss chorus don't sound anywhere near as good

6. Snakeman1066

Snakeman1066 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Central Valley
  7. crapusername

crapusername

Sep 26, 2005
    North Kent.UK
    endorsing artist: Dean guitars, Marshall , Rotosound strings
    i have a boss ceb3, although i also own an old dod bass chorus, and a ce5. they do get changed around according to my mood though!

8. LowB-ing

LowB-ing

Aug 3, 2005
    First open it up and set the internal trimpots for maximum sweep range (low freq limit as low as possible, high freq limit as high as possible). I don't remember where I set the little external trim under the threadle, but it's quite high.

I run mine after my fuzz but before OD and other effects.

I set Q at 2-3 o'clock, lo maxed, and volume where on and bypass are the same volume. Range sounds good on both settings, I tend to use normal, actually.

9. i'd say this very much depends on the sort of sound you wanna get from it.
    lotsa people want nasty wailing and similar.
    i use it to get a big clean wump.
    to that end i usually only ever use it when all I've got engaged is a compressor before it and a noise gate after.

10. I have mine in the middle of my board,...

tuner -> overdrive -> fuzz -> chorus -> weeping demon -> tremolo -> delay

I have it set so it retains a pretty normal low end with the switch down in toe up and a gnarly cliff burton scream type in toe down

I used to hate it cos I would always over 'Q' it and get feedback but set up right its very awesome!

11. RUDEONTOUR

RUDEONTOUR

Mar 29, 2007
    phoenix,AZ
    Thank you all very much for the input, I look forward to trying out these opinions next week,

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021