Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Weezer/Foo Fighters

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Coutts_is_god, Oct 8, 2005.

1. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    That concert kick major last night. Honestly the best show I've seen to date.

The opening act was Kizer Chief. They were good to. Some guy in the front row said they sucked. The lead singer had a witty comment for him :smug:

I've been wanting to see Weezer forever. They played all the classic and new stuff. They didn't play In the Garage. Can't win them all. Every member of the band sang one song. Everyone sound amazing. Scott the bass player just blew me away. He totaly just played. There stuff isn't hard to learn but to play it like he was. That would take some serous talent. The drummer pat started playing guitar. He sang Photo graph and a cover of that song "When I feel heavy metal!!" Rivers played drums during it. Then everyone but Pat jumped on the drum set and did this loud guitar drum thing. Rivers was just right on. It was great. They brought someone on stage to play The sweater song. This guy was right on the money. Great show.

Foo Fighters such a great area rock show. They also played all the classic. Dave is such a funny man. he was like "I want to see the demographics of this show. "Teens people of the teenage years? 20? 30's? late 30? late 30. Yeah thats what I am. Should I ask about the 40's? There's a forty in the front!!! 50? look at the 50 in the middle!!" It was funny. Then there drummer sang a song and Dave played drums. The final song was Monkey wrench. He sang to the middle and let the crowd sing the rest of the song. Then he did crazy guitar stuff and the song felt like it was over. Then he just started singing it from the middle again. It was such a great show.

Then after the show in Windsor some guy in a van asked us if we want to be with any "hot laddies tonight?" Yeah a pimp in a van. How cool is that :D

2. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    I feel like there aren't enough pimps in a van. By me i have drug dealers in a Honda odyssey with 18's. But it's just not the same.

Wait...the drummer sang photograph? That's freakin sweet.