Weezer - Maladroit

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by dancehallclasher, May 14, 2002.

1. it came out today, and as a longtime fan i felt it was my duty to buy it, but i wasn't really expecting much more than some catchy but vapid tunes, a la the green album. but i've listened to it a few times now, and it's really growing on me. i hesitate to say just how good it is yet because i didn't like Pinkerton right away, so for now i will just give it my hearty approval.
  2. Downloaded it about a month ago via audiogalazy *plus 100 other weezer songs, all in one night, I LOVE DSL!*

I like it, and has a lot of potential to get better and better. It may not do as wel commercially as the Green Album, but its definately better.

Oh, and I'm going to buy it today as well, I'm technically against stealing music.:D
  3. bailstric

Aug 12, 2001
    Ontario Canada
    great album takes a little time to grow but much better then green. I think the new bassist scott shrinner adds a more heavey tone to the band and hes also a great bassist. Im really into it right now and am looking forward to the next one in the fall
  4. I just bought it...I'm currently on Dope Nose. Is it me or did they listen to some metal while they were recording this?
  5. They've always been fans of metal, even on Blue you can sort of tell. In Pinkerton its really apparent too. Its just this time they started using more of the trademark metal tricks.

I love Maladroit! It sort of reminds me of Red Medicine by Fugazi...not really sure why. When I got it I was hoping it'd be like Pinkerton, or even like Blue. But I'm happy to say its like neither, it's its own album and I think it sounds great, as good as Pinkerton in my book.

I like their new bass player too, really interesting lines
  6. Maladriot is okay... it seems quite blue-album-ish, but ... it's lacking something. I really miss Matt's falsetto vocals. I hated the green album, and Pinkerton (I think I was the only person to instantly love it) is my favourite, but I doubt Rivers will ever write another one like it. Arg.
  7. crud19

Sep 26, 2001
    I also loved Pinkerton from the very first time I heard it. It knocked my socks off. I then went back to the Blue album. I think I will pick this new album up. I had no interest in the Green album, based on the couple songs I heard off of it. (plus I was miffed about Weezer's "all-Pod" appearances on TV) Their new bassist looks like a biker and has excellent taste in gear.
  8. bailstric

Aug 12, 2001
    Ontario Canada
    Green wasnt really suppose to be a huge musical masterpiece and Rivers knew it. It was really more of a hey were back and ready to rock....still better thenmost the garbage out there.
  9. kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    i love weezer, and so i think i'm going to get the new album. i was hesitant because i hated the green album(most of it) and i didn't want to waste my money on something like that, but now i think i'll get it. and i have to agree, pinkerton rules!
  10. i bought the new album and it's pretty nice. they really are metal kids and that's okay with me.
  11. crud19

Sep 26, 2001
    Bought it last night and have listened to it thrice since. It get's better every time. Not a clunker on it. Their new bassist rules, and has a great sound (a little buried under all those guitars, though...). I heartily recommend it.
  12. melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    I think its awesome, I bought it right before I left to come back to Wyoming so Ive had some time to listen to it. I really like it.