Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by tallguybcs, Jul 9, 2001.

1. GOt the Blue Album, and its very good, very much like the music I would like to dabble with in my new band. Ive spent time with the Green Album and it has gone downhill, but most bands do, especially with touring and popularity. Lets hope that their next creation is a lot more thought out like the first one was. Now I guess I gotta get Pinkerton (Ive heard bad things, but my friend (avid Weezerist) loves that one most, so Ill check it out.
  2. The biggest thing is River's voice. It sound awful nowadays, in my opinion. I liked it during the Pinkerton and Blue days. I've heard some of the demos for the next album from their website and they are an improvement, but same vocals.
  3. I dont care about vocals, I just want there me be meaningful solos and a solid groove and a little creativity. They WERE creative, the last album just wasnt creative, it was like the same old same old
  4. Yeah, the solos sucked especially. They used to have cool solos like "Tired of Sex" and "Say It Ain't So", now it's just the damn vocal melody on every song. If you can, download "Burdnt Jamb", it's an instrumental.
  5. pinkerton is cool, a lot more adventurous. and even though the solos suck on the green album and rivers is trying to sound british, "knock down drag out" has got to be one of the best songs ever.
  6. foolfighter24

foolfighter24 Guest

Apr 22, 2000
    The Green Album is a comeback album....its not supposed to knock you over like Pinkerton. But, Green is definetely a large decline from where they were. The ultra new, just demo-ed stuff sounds really good. I'm a big weezer fan, so I guess everything they do sounds really good to me. If you do not have Pinkerton, go out and buy it. This is one of my absolute favorite albums.
  7. Pinkerton is miles ahead of blue in terms of musician ship and songwriting. it has rough spots, but it is a great album. green was a disappointment, it was like the beatles going back to 'please please me' after 'revolver'
  8. That's a good way to think about it, Nemo. I really liked Pinkerton even though it under sold the other two albums, I thought it had a lot of great songs with a darker feel to it than Blue. Hopefully their next album won't be as big of dissapointment as Green.
  9. "Only in Dreams" is one of the best songs ever. Blue album rawks.
  10. But I thought the Green Album was good......

11. you said it. Matt Sharp is a solid bassist.
  12. i never said it wasn't. it's just not as...weezer...as the other two. it has its moments, but overall, it's not as fun as blue album or captivating as pinkerton.
  13. I meant that the Green Album was great and I was wondering what could be better. I know have Pinkerton and I know what you mean.
  14. I think the most noticeable thing about the green is how short it is. 10 songs and 30 minutes! The blue was 10 songs but it was 40 minutes, thats a minute a song!
  15. Oh really? :D
  16. Green wasn't nearly as quirky as the other two albums, or did it have as much humor. Plus River's voice is kinda blah on the new album, plus (as it's been said a few times) the guitar solos suck.
  17. just dont destroy my sweater. cause then ill be naked on the floor. thats a great song!!!!!
  18. BassistJ

Mar 20, 2001
    Hemet, CA USA
    Here's something to ponder...where the hell did River's british accent come from. I seem to remember him having a good ol' Yankee twang, and then all of a sudden I hear him doing a radio promo and he's turned fricken' british. I thought the only way to catch a case of the British was to get pummled on. ::Insert Tick theme song::

19. i like the green album too..... hey BassistJ...anyone ever tell you that you look like John Popper? :D
    tick rules
  20. BassistJ

Mar 20, 2001
    Hemet, CA USA
    Yes. Everyone and there mom has said I look like John Popper. That's why I don't wear that hat no more. It's a shame...I loved that hat...