Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by JP Bassman, Jul 24, 2002.

1. JP Bassman

JP Bassman

Jun 18, 2001
    last night was weezer/sparta/dashboard at pnc in holmdel. weezer f-ing rocks so hard!!!!!!
    ok, so back to my report.
    got there, tailgated - always fun. 7pm rolls around (its been raining for about an hour) and sparta ripped it up!! they were totally awesome, and rocked all those 12 year olds ready for dashboard. it's a shame they were only on for like an hour.
    the around8, dashboard came on, we all left, got some food, hit on chicks, etc. basically we spent an hour making fun of him. sooooo many people were sooooo anti-this dude. people were wearing shirts "dashboard sucks wigger penis" and the sorts all over the place. there were various "you suck" chants - wwf (sorry, i cant stand wwe) style.
    so, anyway, he plays for an hour, they bring out the weezer stage, and the techs play with guitars for about a half hour. then, the lights change, and rivers comes out, full suit. the place erupted. the band started out with this like metal-esque jam while ruvers stood there and talked about having a bad day and other weird stuff, i dunno, i couldn't really hear him that well - ui could hear the instruments great, and the singing was plenty loud enough - but whenever he stopped to talk i couldn't hear him that great. so anyway, the opened up with el scorcho-owowwww-and the hour and a half setlist only included like 2 or 3 new songs, and only island in the sun was from the green album. everything else was blue or pinkerton - awesome. rivers switched between les pauls all night. he didn't do more than 3 songs with one guitar, it was nuts. the bassist played a redish p-bass all night - what an awesome tone he has, a real thick p-sound, i love it. the =W= thing that rises up halfway through is awesome! for the encore they played tired of sex and say it aint so. then rivers and the bassist let their guitars feedback and played with effects for 5-10 minutes. i was soooo awesome. literally, the bass was on the stage, flat, and he was just sitting there playing with tone, volume, and effects pedals. it was sweet. theres nothing better than a bass feeding back in my humble opinion. :)

ok, i'm tired, so see yall later.
  2. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Hey, we all know you hate Dashboard Confessional, nobody finds it amusing, so just stop.
  3. melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    I do :D
  4. Freakapotamus9

Jun 20, 2001
    ah yes..

i saw 'em when they were here in may.. great show

they did the feedback thing at that show too.. very cool. only they did it after only in dreams.. i believe.. it was a while ago..

i was very pleased with the songs they played too. very little green/maladroit stuff.
  5. only in dreams is a great tune to rock out on
  6. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I enjoy the occasional Weezer, but I have to say that "Waste My Days" or "Gone Fishin'" or whatever the new video is called is GREAT! I LOVE the muppets! I grew up with that show! And they even had Statler and Waldorf at the end- genius. :D

7. DEFINITELY!!! That song is really good, and the muppets are cool, too. The penguins flying around are awesome.

But that bassist is REALLY ugly.
  8. JP Bassman

JP Bassman

Jun 18, 2001
    dude. chill. it's not my fault half the people there hated him. i was merely stating facts. even people who did like him said afterwards they were disappointed in his live show.

seriously dude, relax.
  9. JP Bassman

JP Bassman

Jun 18, 2001
    it most definitely is
  10. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Well you go out on a limb to attack this guy. He's in your signature, you went on and on about him beating women in the Dashboard Confessional thread, and now you make a thread about Weezer and "state facts" about Dashboard Confessional.:rolleyes:
  11. JP Bassman

JP Bassman

Jun 18, 2001
    so i'm not allowed to have an opinion now? i never said he beat women, i said he abuses women, mainly emotionally. dude, chill out, seriously. dashbaord was the 2nd of 3 acts at the weezer show. you didnt respond to my sparta part did you? yes, it is a fact people there booed him. waht do you want me to do? lie? ok, sorry everyone, i lied, everyone there, especailly the older, more mature audience loved dashbaord. they really connected with his songs, his crying, his whining over realtionships that happened years ago. everyone had a blast, in fact, weezer ruined the show. it was awful.

jesus man, if you want to talk about dashboard, go to that thread, stay out of my weezer one.