Weezer's new song.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by FireAarro, Mar 26, 2005.

1. FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    Pretty disappointing IMO.

Anyone else care?
  2. Pretty lame, imo. I hear the video was shot at the playboy mansion though, so I'm intersted in seeing it.

Is this even the same band that wrote Blue and Pinkerton?
  3. FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    :crying: :bawl:

They even dare to tout their new album as a "cross between Blue and Pinkerton with Maladroit guitar solos" :meh:

If we're lucky they just chose a really crap single :D I don't think Good Life was the best choice from Pinkerton...
  4. PSouth

Mar 15, 2003
    Yeah, it's terrible. So bad in fact that the rest of the album has got to be better. I heard that they wrote it to please the record labels, who of course wanted a big hit. I'm not even sure it'll be a big hit though....they dumbed down way too much.
  5. FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    To me it sounded like they just wrote some half-assed lyrics and pasted them over a overused chord progerssion. Doesn't sound like they put much effort into it at all...
  6. Where can I get it, the single I mean.
  7. PSouth

Mar 15, 2003
    Throw up into your hands and dribble that down your ear canals.

I think you can hear it if you go to www.weezer.com and then scroll down to 3/23/05. It's being played on radio stations now too and I think the video should be premiering on Tuesday or something.
  8. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Gah! It sounds like 3rd rate frat rock!

It is true that Weezer is notorious for releasing poor first singles. "Dope Nose" and "Hash Pipe" being the worse offenders.

Anyone heard the newest Gorillaz single? It's banging, unlike this.
  9. PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    Bah... That is disappointing. :meh:
  10. Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    I'm telling you, Weezer has been crap ever since Matt Sharp left the band. 3rd rate frat rock is a great description. Its amazing because everytime I hear or read an interview with Rivers he sounds like this total hipster/artiste type and then the music is just about as bland as it gets.

I read a long time ago the Matt and Rivers where going to do a project together, but I have heard nothing of it in a year or so.
  11. For what it's worth, Matt Sharp has recently released (or about to release) his own solo album. www.mattsharp.net
  12. Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    They must not update that site much, cuz I am pretty sure I bought that album about 6 months ago.
  13. Incubus

Mar 28, 2005
    Matt Sharp really made a difference in that band... he released a solo album about a year ago to answer your questions...there are only 5 left on amazon when i am posting this... get 'em while they are there... its actually good... here is a link to his solo album on Amazon
  14. Having listened to it... it sucks.
  15. Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    doesn't do much for me, and I'm a pretty big =w= fan. See, I even write it the dumb nerd way.