1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

weied setup that works

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassplayer48, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Hi all ok for sometime now i have been having issues with my Eden 212 XLT box just cant get a sound that cuts through.

Anyway i also have a Trace Elliott 150w combo which has 1 10 in a bin type enclosure like a BLX80 anyway i suddenly though hmm 10's good, own power source why not slave the amps together use the GK to power the 212 as a sub and run the combo as a mid range? So both are running at 8 ohms GK=180 watts and combo about 100

So after some advice on here ran a cable from Effect send to input of Trace and plugged bass into the GK switch on both and hope it works.

Oh baby! it works great used this setup on a gig the other night and cut like a knife lovely thick punchy sound with plenty of lows and the tweeter in 12's makes up for the slightly boxy sound of the combo i'm sure i could get this same sound using no doubt a smaller portable setup but since i already have it all for the mo it will do just fine. looks a bit kooky but it works!