Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Weight of a guitar

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jkrobs, Feb 5, 2006.

1. jkrobs

jkrobs

Feb 2, 2006
    Hi, Well I have a question..at the end of march I am going to Japan for 1 year...Basically soon I will be getting my new Yamaha BB614 bass Guitar..I wanted to ask in general how much do these base guitars weight? or if possible does anyone own a BB614?? And knows the weight of one? I also got to think of the weight of the case too...I can only take a max amount of 20kg On the plane.

Anyway please reply.

2. Vox Populi

Vox Populi Reggae Loving Honkey

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    Going to Japan for one year and you can only take 20kg of stuff? Do you mean carry-on only? If you do, maybe get a flight case and have them put it in the hold.

Otherwise, I'd say buy a Steinberger. :bag:

3. jkrobs

jkrobs

Feb 2, 2006
    ah Yes, It's only 20kg...for some reason Brazilians can take 30kg..god knows why!! Anyway I was not gonna take it with me on the plane..but put it in the holds...Im guessing that's where they put all the normal lagguage?
    so do you think the guitar will weight more than 10kg with the case? That leaves me 10kg for my bag with cloths and gifts for my fiance and her familly.