Weight of a Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 600?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BLU Dragon, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Mesa's website doesn't seem to have the information I'm seeking. I've even downloaded some of the owner's manuals and brochures. Don't see a weight listed anywhere for the M-Pulse 600. Does anybody know? Wouldn't mind knowing what the 360 and the new Big Block weighs, either. I think my next amp is going to be one of these.
  2. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    The "Bassplayer" Magazine review of April 2003 lists it as being 27 lbs. Most of the Guitar Centers I've been to lately seem to have them on display. You may want to check one out in person.
  3. That's what I needed to know. Thanks, Kevin.

BTW, the GC that I've been to recently didn't have one in stock, but I've played them before and really do like the sound. Just can't decide if I want to go with the bigger M-Pulse 600 or go lightweight with the Walkabout.

Thanks again. You da man! :cool:
  4. godspeed68

godspeed68 i like music. a lot.

Mar 24, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    go with the m-pulse....trust me. hehe :)

5. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    I'll have to put in a plug for the M-Pulse 600 also. I've had mine about 3 months and it still is amazing me! I played SWR and Pre/Pwr amp racks for the last 15 years. Nothing that I've played compare to the Mesa sound! So Phat and punchy! Go with the 600 for additional headroom. You don't have to use it (the extra watts/headroom) if you don't need it, but if you need it, you've got it! :bassist:
    Loudest 600 watts I've ever heard! :D
  6. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    I weighed my M-Pulse 600 (mtd. in a SKB 4U rack)
    40 Lbs. (SKB 4U = 12Lbs)
    M-Pulse 600 weighs 28 Lbs

As confirmation, I also weighed my SM-400S (mtd. in same model SKB 4U rack)
    31 Lbs.
    SM400S weighs 19 Lbs

SWR site list SM-500 weight as 20 Lbs
    Should be close to the same for the SM-400S
  7. Shri

Feb 25, 2003
    France, Paris
    i'll go for the walkabout cos it's powerful enough for me and pretty light also... :cool:
  8. You'll find that the WalkAbout is VERY loud for 300 watts. It's also only 13lbs and has a simple to use EQ... the learning curve on this little gem is about 5 minutes and the tone shaping huge.
  9. Shri

Feb 25, 2003
    France, Paris
    yep the walkabout is enough for me really!
  10. Looks like this thread became active again, after I went away for the weekend.

Thank you to everybody who has given me your input on this topic. I also want to give a special thank you to JOME77 who took the time and effort to actually weigh his M-Pulse 600, so that we would have a definitive answer to this question. Wow! How cool is that? :cool: Thanks, man. Now we know for sure.

I still haven't decided which way to go. But I'm sure I want a Mesa. The tone I heard from that thing absolutely blew me away. In fact, maybe I'll eventually need both models. However, at this time, I'm leaning strongly toward the Walkabout. After all, I haven't done any bar gigs in many, many years. Most of the playing I do now is pretty low volume situations. And if a gig came along that needed some serious horsepower, I'd probably resort to my big "concert rig," with a separate preamp/power amp, anyway.

Thanks again, gang! :)
  11. Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    OK...I may be able to trade for a 600 with my Hartke 4000 and 300 cash...soun like a good deal. I don't have a lot of time on the Mesa...but what I did it sounded like a nice head. I play original hard rock/metal with a blues edge...any opinions?