Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Weight of the Mesa-Boogie M--pulse 600 ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by banditcosmo, Nov 26, 2002.

1. banditcosmo

banditcosmo Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Does anyone know the weight of the M-Pulse 360 and 600 ? Mesa-Boogie does not list much in the way of specs. Also what is the wattage at 8 ohms on the 360 and 600 ? I'm trying to find a light- weight powerful amp.

I'm thinking about buying one tomorrow. Guitar Center has a finance deal where there is no payments/interest until 2004. I just have to make sure to pay it off before 2004 or they add all the interest from the date you bought it.

2. DaRange

DaRange

Mar 12, 2001
    Minneapolis MN.
    I Did the same thing Last Year good deal. the amp weights about 30 to 35 lbs. you'l like it they sound great.

3. I belive the weight is posted on their site as 38 lbs.... the wattage for the 600 is 600@ 4 olhms,. and about 300@8,so I believe the is 360:360w@ 4, and about 180@8......go for the 600,YOU'LL LOVE IT!

4. fast slapper

fast slapper

Dec 11, 2001
    Fresno, CA
    In the BassPlayer review the M-Pulse 600 is 27 pounds.

5. fast slapper

fast slapper

Dec 11, 2001
    Fresno, CA
    I guess it's 36lbs...I wonder why BassPlayer said 27?

Another thing that sort of strange is that the Walkabout is 300w @ 4ohms, but it only weighs 13 pounds while double the power is 36lbs.

6. Bridge Cables

Bridge Cables Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Southern N C
    SMASH

Wanted to get you as technical a response as possible so me and the Health-O-Matic model 1752 went down to the garage were the rigs are parked and here's the verdict...

M-Pulse 600, S/N MP6-000510

243 lbs :eek: ;)

hmm, less 218 for the old guy, :D hey that's 25 lbs and with the + or - 3lb variance in our always faithful Health-O-Matic, I believe Bass Player magazine at 27 lbs!

Now the boards were recently hosed off after my guitarist dumped a Diet Mtn Dew down the vent holes, could of lost a few widgets here or there!!

BC :cool:

7. Electricmayhem

Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    NH
    I've noticed that about their website. :mad:

8. Well to me the M-pulse didn't weight that much when I had it as a loner, while my 400+ was being ordered. Now that I got my 400+ I had to take some supplements just to be able to carry it with one hand...But still its no
    70 pound ampeg. But the tone is worth it.