Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Weight?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassRocker8713, May 17, 2005.

1. BassRocker8713

BassRocker8713

Jul 15, 2003
    I know that the Ampeg SVT Classic weighs in at very near 100 lbs and is Tube driven, but the Mesa Boogie 400+ looks a whole lot smaller than the Ampeg...how much does the Boogie weigh? Also, how much does the M-Pulse 600 weigh? I'm not looking at an amp right now, but for future reference on portability, how much do they weigh? Thanks a lot.

2. Transverz

Transverz believer of the Low End Theory

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    I did a quick search on the boards and the Mesa 400+ weighs about 45lbs.

The Mpulse 600 I'm not sure, but I believe it would be almost exactly in weight as my M-2000, which would be about 25-30lbs. Just a guesstimate every time I lift my rack.

*edit - it's confirmed by another search. I was right on the money. About 27lbs.*

-T

3. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    You can also go with an SVP preamp with a light weight solid state power amp (QSC PLX or Stewart) in an SKB case ... and you can get the weight way down ... won't quite sound the same, but it'll still sound good.

4. Transverz

Transverz believer of the Low End Theory

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Yup, this is what I'm going for now, but I'm trying to decide which poweramp to go with. After reading that switching vs. conventional thread :eek: , I don't know what the heck is going on any more :confused:

I'd love to stick with my QSC RMX 850, but the weight is approaching Mesa 400+ territory! :crying: Though it rocks the Powerhouse 1000 quite lovely.

I'd love to get a PLX or Stewart, but the price is killing me, and then all this talk about switching vs conventional.

Ack. The world is spinning out of control...
    :help:
    -T

5. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Talk is cheap. I run a PLX1602, its loud as hell and everyone thinks it sounds great. They're only about 5 or 600 bucks new and sometimes do come up used in the classifieds.